I make complicated information easy to understand (well, I do my best). I’ve produced video, interactive animation and graphics to support knowledge transfer of highly technical topics such as cloud computing and building automation systems.
I’ve been an instructional designer for a long time…like since “microlearning” was called “just-in-time training”. When
I’ve created learning programs and content strategy for Microsoft, Quicken Loans, Amazon Web Services, and Honeywell.
I am currently working as a Senior Content Developer at Microsoft supporting Windows Server, the Azure Stack suite, and Azure Virtual Desktop.
In a previous life at Microsoft, I was a Senior Content Strategist for Microsoft Learning Experiences (LeX). You can see promotions for Microsoft Virtual Academy (now Microsoft Learn) and internal Voice of the Customer video updates.
I am also a fine artist working in whatever materials are inspiring me at the moment. Check out my fine art posts!
Tech stuff I know about:
- Content strategy for business impact. Like – make support overhead less expensive, and maybe help people to use a product with less frustration. [stuff page with SEO keywords here] trending, conversions, call-to-action, ROI, Pareto curve, content reuse, MoM pageviews, personal branding [/stuff page with SEO keywords here]
- Cloud computing/architecture…basically playing with Data Legos.
- Instructional design and eLearning that you can’t play in the background while you shop on Amazon in another browser tab.
- Learning Management System (LMS) implementation, integration, and administration in anticipation of content creation in more than one nation.
- xAPI and Learning Record Stores (LRS) -> I use GrassBlade LRS on this site. More on this later.
- DITA and structured documentation to occasionally feed my need for control.
- Project management, ibid.
- GitHub…because they are making me.
- The entire Adobe playground.
I use this site for experimenting.
Things I do with it:
- Track decentralized/informal learning with GrassBlade LRS.
- Integrate it with Azure products so I can do my job better.
- Experiment with (break) things.
- Write blog posts about what I broke.
I live and work, along with my assistant, Dodi Bodi Puddin’ N Pie, in the Olympic Penninsula, Washington, USA. I also like commas.
Prior work history available upon request. Find me on LinkedIn.