Senior Content Developer and Strategist for Microsoft Skilling
- Content strategist and developer for Azure Media Services
- Content strategist and developer for Windows Server 2022, Windows Server legacy content
Academic Content Business Strategy Manager LeX
What is Microsoft Imagine Academy? MSIA is content for academic programs at the government, state, district and teacher levels. Subscription model where user have access to teacher manuals, and online courses for learners K-12 and higher education institutions.
- Developed Learning Pathways for MSIA Program which included the following tracks: Computer Science, Teacher Professional Development in Computer Science, Data Science (grades 9-12), and Productivity (MOS).
- Negotiated with UCLA Mobilize Data Science program owners about using and adapting curriculum. Analyzed and planned replacement content that used Microsoft technologies.
- Acted as stakeholder for Academic content development for K-12 and higher education learners as well as current Teacher Professional Development in Computer Science.
- Planned deeper learning tracks for Teacher Professional Development per Computer Science Teacher Association (CSTA) and various US state and global standards.
- Mapped MSIA course learning objectives with CSTA 2011, CSTA Interim 2016 and APCSF 2016 standards. Advanced Placement Computer Science Framework learning objectives.
- Developed competency matrix for MSIA course ware (also used by Public Sector sales to speak to the concerns of institution stakeholders.)
Digital Literacy Program
What is Digital Literacy? The Microsoft Digital Literacy program delivers basic training on what it means to be a global digital citizen.
- Lead team for retirement of outdated course ware including the transfer of content from a legacy delivery system and server to updated delivery system and server, in order to maintain continuity of program while new course ware was identified or developed.
- Identified replacement course ware (IC3 from Pearson).
- Negotiated use of white label content which would reuse audio but replace “talking head” visuals with animation that illustrated concepts.
IT Pro Learning Evangelist (Business Strategy Manager) LeX
- Improved alignment of LeX with parent Developer Evangelism (DX) organization by providing visibility into the services and content development efforts of LeX so that they supported Developer and IT Pro Ascend and Ascene+ outreach.
- Evangelising new content and features on Microsoft Virtual Academy.
- Wrote articles on learning topics which were featured on my blog then promoted by the MVA communities and social media manager.
- Completed study on the needs of IT Pros with Spiceworks, a leading network monitoring software company to inform content production.
- Voice of the Customer monthly internal videos – video reporting on IT Pro customer needs and other updates.
- Used Gartner study (gathered by marketing group), mapped/matrixed data on the transition of competencies from on-premises IT Pro to cloud competencies to inform Azure learning content for IT Pro audience.
- Rose, Bud, Thorn – conducted interviews with IT Pros on training needs.
- Gave a presentation on the Flipped Classroom model for MCTs (Microsoft Certified Trainers).
- Contributed to Microsoft Virtual Academy and Certification V-Teams
- Educated team on Kirkpatrick/Philips model of learning evaluation and ROI.
- Contributed to decision making about badging and gamification strategies.
- Suggested Azure certification delivery strategy to keep up with Agile methodology of software development.
- Examined the validity of MVA metadata, naming schema, and data collection processes.
- Wrote multiple audience level (stakeholder rationale to technical specification) documentation on the use of competency based metadata for both Microsoft Virtual Academy and Open edX (CMS of choice for LeX). Complete document available upon request.
- Demonstrated the business value of Sharepoint, xAPI, LRS, LMS, LTI Integration by using a learning record store, xAPI, and LTI integration with multiple learning management systems by delivering video on Sharepoint and tracking usage on a certificated, WordPress, GrassBlade, LearnDash integration.
- Promoted news and information about women in STEM.
- Mentor for summer Data Science intern.
Technical Writer CSI
Wrote technical documentation for Azure Active Directory and Active Direction Domain Services using Markup, Github and proprietary authoring applications.